Verdaccio is a lightweight private npm proxy registry built in Node.js
- A registry is a repository for packages, that implements the CommonJS Compliant Package Registry specification for reading package's information.
- Provide a compatible API with npm clients (yarn/npm/pnpm).
- Semantic Versioning compatible (semver).
Using Verdaccio with any Node.js package manager client is quite straightforward.
You can use a custom registry either by setting it globally for all your projects
npm set registry http://localhost:4873
or by using it in command line as an argument
--registry in npm (slightly different in yarn)
npm install lodash --registry http://localhost:4873
yarn config set registry http://localhost:4873
All packages that you publish are private and only accessible based in your configuration.
Verdaccio cache all dependencies on demand and speed up installations in local or private networks.
- It's a web app based on Node.js
- It's a private npm registry
- It's a local network proxy
- It's a Pluggable application
- It's fairly easy to install and to use
- We offer Docker and Kubernetes support
- It is 100% compatible with yarn, npm and pnpm
- Verdaccio means A green color popular in late medieval Italy for fresco painting.